There are several options when it comes to developing an e-commerce store – custom shopping cart development, open-source e-commerce platforms such as Magento or Open Cart, WordPress with WooCommerce or other shopping cart plugins, fully hosted e-commerce solutions, and more. Researching all of these options to find what’s right for your business can be dizzying!
Choosing an e-commerce platform for an online business is one of the toughest decisions an entrepreneur needs to make. If you make the wrong choice, you risk investing time and money into a platform that does not meet your needs, and it can significantly impact the success and longevity of your business. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve had clients come to us that had spent thousands on an online store that didn’t work for them, and needed to start again from scratch. As a website development company, we’re here to help you make an informed decision and offer our expert advice.
The Benefits of Hosted E-Commerce
Most business owners want the same thing from their online store: a store that is easy for them to use themselves, is relatively quick to launch, is easy to maintain, and is cost-effective. With a hosted e-commerce platform, you will have:
- The opportunity to start selling quicker.
Hosted platforms offer a simplified store setup process and easy day-to-day management, through robust content management systems (CMS) that are uncommon when compared to their open-source counterparts.
- An all-in-one commerce solution.
Merchants receive native hosting, shopping cart functionality, and sales channel integrations with no additional fees or integrations. This can save significant time and financial investment that would otherwise exist with open source platforms.
Ready for Optimization
Store optimization is not only part of the launch phase, but is also an ongoing requirement for many online business owners. Hosted e-commerce platforms offer several advantages for optimization compared to open-source options, including these key benefits:
- Easy access to extensions. Easily build the store of your dreams with the functionality you need, through robust third-party apps and integrations.
- An ever-evolving product. Hosted platforms, like Shopify, host hundreds of thousands of stores, so they regularly are pushing new improvements to ensure all sites are built with industry-leading best practices.
Simplified Store Maintenance
Hosted platforms simplify store maintenance, so that entrepreneurs can focus on what really matters — running and growing their online businesses. In general, most hosted e-commerce platforms offer merchants:
- An army behind your business. Going hosted means you get access to 24/7 technical support and ongoing platform maintenance to reduce downtime, and keep your business running smoothly.
- Industry-leading security. Hosted platforms look after SSL certification, security patches, and more, to ensure you can rest easy knowing your business and customers are secure.
Shopify is dedicated to streamlining the e-commerce experience for both merchants and their customers, by offering a robust and easy-to-use platform that is constantly evolving to stay at the forefront of an ever-changing industry. Below is a set of key benefits and core features you can expect from Shopify:
- A home for your business – Shopify is a fully customizable website, online store, and blog.
- Store management made easy – Shopify’s hassle-free, merchant-focused e-commerce management system means that once we have completed setting up your store, you will easily be able to take over and maintain it. As a store owner, you know you can be successful with Shopify’s award-winning 24/7 support network, in-depth documentation, online forums, and educational content from their E-commerce University.
- Sell anywhere your customers are – Shopify offers more sales channels, payment gateways, and integration products than any other e-commerce provider, offering you a unified platform to sell anywhere your customers are now — or will be in the future. From Amazon and Pinterest, to Messenger and Shopify POS, you can check out all Shopify’s sales channels on the Shopify App Store.
- Rest easy knowing your business is safe – This is an important one! Shopify incorporates industry-leading security features into every product, like 256-bit SSL certificates, Level-1 PCI compliance, and 99.9% uptime with 24/7 monitoring — allowing you to breathe easy knowing your business, and customers, are always protected. And you don’t even have to think about it!
- Enhanced customization with Shopify Apps – Shopify proudly boasts more than 1,500 apps that allow merchants to build their businesses the way they want them to perform. These added benefits from apps include:
– Additional functionality to your storefront, like product reviews, pop-ups, chat functionality, and more.
– Extend the power of Shopify’s admin, like enhanced reporting, shipping options, inventory management, and more.
– Integrate with the most popular third-party business software, like MailChimp, Quickbooks, Zero, and more.
These are just a handful of the technical and business features that make Shopify the perfect solution for any store’s needs. And best of all, their prices are very reasonable.
Why Choose Us?
As a Shopify Partner, we have the knowledge and experience to create and launch your e-commerce store. From setting up your Shopify store to integrating payment gateways and shipping, we will take care of every detail while you focus on your business and product(s). We are experienced in integrating other 3rd party apps as well, such as marketing, shipping, reviews, online chat, and more.
Shopify makes it easy to launch an online store. They provide all the e-commerce tools you need, we provide the design and development. And when you have your Shopify store developed by us, you are not limited to their 14 day trial – you pay no monthly fees to Shopify while your store is in development!
Want more information, or want to discuss you business needs to see if Shopify is the right fit for your store? Visit our Shopify page for more details and to see some of the Shopify stores we’ve developed, or contact us directly with any questions you may have.